Thursday, May 6, 2010

That's Our Life

Our busy day started at 4 am with two little monkeys having simultaneous bad dreams and needing to cuddle with mom and dad in the big bed. (By the way, I'm SO thankful my wonderful husband insisted on buying a king sized bed!) After trying very hard to get some more zzz's I finally gave up around 6 am and went to find my coffee. Guess who can traipsing down the hallway two minutes later. Guess I'm not so stealthy at getting out of bed.

And that was just the start of our whirlwind day. Check out our crazy schedule.

7:45 - leave the house
7:55 - drop of Logan at school
8:00 - on the turnpike to the East side of town
8:30 - arrive at the YMCA - Have an exercise date with a girlfriend.
8:30 to 9:30 - sweat my BUTT OFF!
9:30 - get my daughter and head to the park for a meetup with some other moms
10:00 - arrive at said park and play, play, play!
11:45 - leave park and jump back on the highway
12:05 - Arrive home for a potty break and a little lunch
12:20 - head back out the door for Preschool
12:30 - arrive at preschool, drop Amanda off and turn around and head right back home (ALONE!)
12:45 to 1:45 - me time... AKA - take a shower you stinking woman!
1:45 - back in the car, stop at the gas station then car wash before heading back to Amanda's school.
2:15 - 3:00 - Mother's Day Tea at Amanda's school... (note video below)
3:00 - leave Amanda's school and stop by Sonic for a snack.
3:10 - Drive to Logan's School to pick him up.
3:20 - Now have Logan... pass out snacks and hit the highway. Heading back to the YMCA for open swim time.
4:00 - arrive and the Y and swim for 1.5 hours
5:30 - Hop back in the car for 30 minute ride home
6:00 - Start making Dinner
Now you'll notice that it's almost 7:00 before I am able to sit down and rest for a few minutes. And what do I choose to do with my time? Right a long, drawn out blog post about how busy we are. This was a very typical day for us so now you know WHY I always say we're keeping busy. But I'm not complaining... in fact, I wouldn't change it for the world! I love my crazy life, and my crazy monkeys!



Here is the "Freeze" dance that we danced to at the Mother's Day Tea at Amanda's School.

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN day! You know, I love those busy days too....it gives everyone something to do and a major plus is that your house generally stays clean when you're not in it all day!!!

    ReplyDelete