Saturday, May 1, 2010

Creepy but Fascinating

We had a wonderfully busy day today with ballet and soccer in the morning then a trip to Lowe's for all things plantable. After running around, digging in the dirt, planting numerous veggies, climbing trees, playing "kick the empty pot", and swinging all afternoon Amanda was so worn out that she fell asleep early watching a movie with her brother.

After transferring my littlest monkey to bed I went back to check on her and the crazy girl was sleeping with her EYES OPEN! My poor baby was too tired to even close her eyes before drifting back to sleep!

Creepy, but fascinating and a first for us.


3 comments:

  1. No way!?! And you're positive she was asleep, right? That is too funny (and yes, a little creepy). I remember Ethan used to sleep with his eyes half way open, I thought that was weird too. I bet she doesn't believe you when you tell her, at least you have photo proof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly certain that she was asleep. I got right in front of her and her eyes didn't move. She didn't focus on me at all. Her eyes stayed that way, unblinking, for at least 5 minutes while I located my camera, took some photos and just watched her. I was so weirded out that I couldn't take anymore and had to leave the room. I did check on her a bit ago and her eyes are now closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww. I mean, cool. Weird. Huh.

    ReplyDelete