Monday, November 8, 2010

Battle Wound

***WARNING***
If you suffer from a weak stomach
read no further

!

Logan suffered a battle wound on Friday and it looks like he will soon be missing the tip of his thumb. During family game night, he graciously offered to make everyone a beverage and skipped off to the kitchen. A few minuets later he came back with a VERY BLOODY thumb and calmly stated that he had had an accident. Apparently he had tried to cut off the plastic soda bottle carrier with his dad's SHARPEST KNIFE. The only reason he still has a flap of skin left is because the knife hit the underside of this nail and stopped (but not before slicing off a corner as seen in the photo). It didn't require stitches, but I'm pretty sure he's going to lose the tip.


As a weird mom quirk of mine, it physically causes me pain to see my children hurt and every time I look at this I cringe. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be bothering him. (shrug)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!!! But what a brave kid, huh? I'd been screaming and crying if it happened to me! :)

    ReplyDelete