Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Father

I'll post date some more of our travel photos and stories soon, but I wanted to let you all know why I dropped off the face of the earth. Our travel plans were cut a little short by the dreaded phone call that my father had passed away. I've been in KC for the past week helping my mother deal with his funeral arrangements and such. His death was a bit of a surprise. He had been having some health issues for several years, but we thought he was on the mend. He passed quietly in his sleep here at home in the morning on Wednesday, June 22. We believe the cause was related to his diabetes.

Per his request, his body will be cremated and his ashes spread on one of his favorite fishing lake in the Canadian Boundary Waters. My family is planning a memorial trip for next year at this time when my mother, sister, and our families will make the trek for a private ceremony on the one year anniversary of his death.

For those of you that knew my father, you can follow the link below to his obituary and video tribute that the funeral home so thoughtfully provided. http://www.stanley-dickeyfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1192528&fh_id=12978

Thank you all for your condolences to me and my family.

4 comments:

  1. My condolences to you and your family, Diane. After reading his obituary, I now know where you get your fun sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry, Diane. I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm saying a prayer for you and your family.

    Your father looks like a very sweet man, and it sounds like he led a very full, happy life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences Diane, to you and your family. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about this Diane. I didnt know him, but I know he raised a wonderful daughter. Our prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete