Sunday, September 15, 2013

Testing, Testing, and then some more Testing

Tomorrow Logan will begin the bone marrow evaluation.  They have 25 different blood test scheduled to look for a multitude of viruses, check kidney and liver function, metabolic function and more things that I can shake a stick at!  He will also have a respiratory evaluation, hearing/speech test, EKG and echocardiogram, and see a dentist all in preparation for the bone marrow transplant.  I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a bunch of x-rays as well.

While I know all these tests are necessary, there is only one test I'm interested in right now.  His CBC (complete blood count).  Before they drain my little guy for all these other tests, they will check his hemoglobin, white blood cells, and platelets.  I hope this test shows that he is recovering and that we will be able to leave the hospital soon.  His ANC (absolute neutrophil count) needs to be above 200 and rising for 2 consecutive days... Saturday it was at zero.  : (

He is still feeling well and handling the confinement like a champ. 

Eric also did well with being on hospital duty three nights in a row while I recovered from my illness.  Looks like we were successful in keeping those germs from Logan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment