Monday, September 9, 2013

Nearing Rock Bottom

Logan's blood counts are nearing rock bottom. I would expect him to hit zero Tuesday or Wednesday this week in regards to his neutrophils.  Today he got a transfusion of platelets and he will probably need another blood and platelet transfusion on Thursday.  Eric and the doctors keep telling me that with each round of chemo the body takes longer and longer to recover so I shouldn't expect him to be released by the weekend.  I'm still going to secretly hope for an early release, but I'll keep telling my head that it won't be until early next week...

Logan is continuing to feel good.  He is keeping busy with activities like practicing with his Chinese Yo Yo and building with his erector set.  We have also been working on school work and will be meeting with his home-bound teacher this afternoon for tutoring.

1 comment: