Monday, September 30, 2013

Hiking, 4 Wheeling, and Camp Firing.

Logan and I had some Mother/Son time last week and enjoyed hunting for treasures.  Logan has become an enthusiastic geocacher and we recently found out that he will have to stay out of the woods for many months following his transplant.  With this in mind, we been doing some extra nature adventuring to store up some memories.

This geocache had trinkets you could trade for.  He took a poker chip and left a cool car sticker.
We find these treasures with the GPS on my phone.
Then Saturday afternoon we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's woods for a tractor ride and bonfire.
Logan and Eric took several trips back to clearing, transporting supplies.  Logan has been learning the art of driving a 4 wheeler under the watchful eye of his father.
Eric decided that Logan was skilled enough to give his sister a ride around the circle drive all by himself!
(I have video too, but for some reason it's not uploading.  I'll try again later.)
As darkness falls, Amanda and her cousin entertained everyone with skits and stories.



The best part of a camp fire is feeding the fire!  Burn, baby, BURN!
And burn it did.  : )
Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa, for moving the annual bonfire up a month so Logan could attend.

1 comment:

  1. I keep hearing about this geo caching, but I don't get it?!?! I will have to read up on it! I'm glad he's enjoying the time he has now "in the woods". :-)

    ReplyDelete