Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Off To A Good Start

Our trial run this morning went well. The kids both woke up before their alarms and pretended to sleep until the alarm went off. It's kind of cute how they enjoy the novelty of waking to an alarm. I wonder how long it will take for the excitement to wear off. I discovered today that Amanda will need at least 45 minutes in the morning to get ready. She did great checking off the items on her morning checklist, but she just takes FOREVER to do anything. I swear she ate breakfast for 30 minutes. I mean, really! Who takes 30 minutes to eat a half bagel and a tiny bowl of cereal? Her brother was ready to head out the door in 10 minutes! But I suppose it's unfair to compare the two. I mean, beauty of her caliber take time and effort, right?




Logan, on the other hand, was motivated by the promise of some toon-time when all his checklist items were completed. He was dressed, fed, and washed up in record time. : )

They got to spend the day at a local gymnastic day camp they they've enjoyed other times this summer. They asked me to not pick them up early so they could fully enjoy their day. I had to cool my heals for 4 hours (after I was done with work) to accommodate their request. Poor, poor me, huh? : ) I show up right on time at 5:00 p.m. and they still hadn't had enough. I guess 9 hours of jumping, running, swimming, and sliding were not enough...




... then again...



After an early dinner (they were STARVING) they crashed out in front of the TV. I suspect Amanda will be out for the night.





Logan is looking very droopy eyed right now, but he's not one to fall asleep to TV but I'll be sure to put him to bed early tonight. I guess it's a good thing this was a one day deal. Otherwise my kids would be exhausted all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment