Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Clothes Organizer

One of the ideas I've had to help us all get out the door in the morning (come back to school time) is to lay the kids clothes out the night before. Now I relize this isn't a new concept, and we've tried it before but we didn't have staying power and we still had issues with finding shoes and such. My newest idea is this awsome peg board organizer with baskets for socks and such and hooks for hats, gloves (for when it hopefully cools off), and accessories.





Logan enjoyed breaking out his tool set to help me instal the spacer blocks. And even before it was attached to the wall the kids were laying out their clothes. I think this will work beautifuly for us this coming year.
We had to do a little re-arranging of the kids rooms to accomidate the new peg board. Both kids had shelving units in their closets that needed to come out. But you all know how I love moving furniture and apparently my kids love it too. They've found new insperation in their rooms and each other since the change.




I think the only thing I need to add to Amanda's closet is a mirror so she can put in her hair diddy right there... I guess she doesn't have a problem looking through all that hair so if it were up to her she would just let it flop all day long!





Notice how many shoes that girl has! And that's not even all of them! I think I'm creating a shoe monster here. I hope I can afford the teenage years.




1 comment:

  1. Emily has tons of shoes too and is very girly. No school yet for us, but I'm considering building a closet storage system too....check out ana-white.com and there are plans along with lots of other projects I'm sure you could build:-)

    ReplyDelete