Monday, August 30, 2010

Zoo School Graduate


After 25 hours of ambassador volunteering, and 32 hours of training, I am now officially a volunteer educator for the Sedgwick County Zoo!
(AKA Docent : )




It's been lots of fun with more to come over the following year. I plan on volunteering mostly on Tuesdays while Amanda is in a Mom's Day Out program but I'll also do some nights and weekends here and there. My hope is to be on the inside track when future jobs come open and line up a paid position for when Amanda starts school full time next year. It's been long and bumpy road, being a stay-at-home mom for almost 7 years, but I'm glad I did it. Now if I can just make it 12 more months, I'll be golden!

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS DIANE! I was just telling Adam that I would love to volunteer at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! Congrats!! I know the zoo is a better place with you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, congrats!!!! That would be great to be on the "inside" track for when your kids are both in school every day. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Diane! The zoo better treat you great, they've got one awesome volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to be late in sending my congratulations - but you are definitely the ULTIMATE BEST CHOICE for them to have around! How wonderful to be back in the Educator role - with "other peoples" children! The only problem I see is that you're not doing it here in KC! Love and Best Wishes. Gayle

    ReplyDelete