Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SCHOOL DAYS



Logan's first day of school went great. He came home very happy and when asked what he did at school that day he said "boring stuff". I'm taking this as a sign of things to come. This way I won't be overly surprised when he doesn't talk to me about his day as a teenager.
*****************************************
His second day (Tuesday) had some drama. He came home on the bus (as usual) but we didn't meet him at the stop (we stopped doing that about March last year). However, because of the nice weather I had the front door open as well as the window screen to let in some fresh air. I was standing in the living room when I hear my son SCREAMING at the top of his lungs in TERROR. Of course my super mom instincts kick in and I go RUNNING out the door to save my baby. I find that f***ing chiwawa dog from across the street snarling and snapping at my son as he runs away... I MY OWN DRIVEWAY!!!! Now it's one thing for a dog to defend it's own territory, but to attack my kid when he's in HIS OWN YARD!?!?!?! Unacceptable. So after Logan calmed down and we instructed him on the proper way to defend himself from said yappy dog (KICK IT'S A** ALL THE WAY BACK ACROSS THE STREET) Eric has decided that as an extra precaution to our son being terrorized again that his dog, Hunter (appropriately named) will be meeting him at the bus stop until further notice. You see, our 85 pound alpha male Golden Retriever likes to eat yappy dogs for breakfast. So now Logan feels well loved and protected by his mammoth of a dog. Thank you, Hunter!
**************************************************
Day Three ... First day of homework! Logan came home today with his first official school homework. It took him all of 3 minutes to finish but he was very proud of himself. I like that they are easing us into this. By September we'll have a nice routine down. Oh, and Hunter DID meet Logan at the bus stop. No yappy dog in sight. CHICKEN!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with the lack of communication! Glad that Hunter is there to protect my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close call with the yappy dog! Aren't big, heavy dogs great?! :) So happy to hear Logan is off to a good start with school, how's Amanda? Lonely yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Amanda is enjoying having her mom all to herself again. : )

    ReplyDelete