Saturday, August 21, 2010

RUSH

Last night was the Rush concert here in Wichita. We had fabulous seats and it was a great performance.
The drummer for this band, Neil Peart, was Eric's idol in High School. The man is truly a genius with those drum sticks and Eric and his drum line buddies looked to him for inspiration. It was a delight to see him in concert.

When we were getting ready for the concert, my eloquent husband tried to pay me a complement... but fell WAY short. I believe his exact words were:
"I'll have to keep an eye on you tonight. There's going to be lots of old guys there who will hit on you."
hmmmm. Not quite as flattering as he was shooting for.
"Ummmm, thanks hun. I'll just ignore that reference to my age and how only OLD people would find me attractive."

1 comment:

  1. It will be awesome to see RUSH perform MOVING PICTURES in it’s entirety. I was able to see Rush 3 times on the original Moving Pictures tour, Max Webster opened for them in Louisville Ky, It was so awesome!! Thanks Ticketwood.com for offering me discounted Rush Tickets . They were using a movie screen behind them that projected really cool images during the show. They were so far ahead of everyone else at the time… and still are.

    ReplyDelete