Saturday, April 10, 2010

Party Weekend With The Two K's

Amanda asked me SO sweetly on Thursday afternoon if her cousin Kory could come to visit this weekend. I couldn't think of a reason why not so we called up V to see if we could take her kids as a moment's notice!
Friday morning, Logan asks if he can have a surprise after school (not an uncommon request in this house) and I said how about a visit from your cousins? At the time, he calmly said "Yes, that would be great" and went on to school but apparently when he got home, he remembered that his cousins were coming and called my cell phone to see what the hold up was.
Long story short, we hit construction traffic (meeting half way to pick them up) and we wouldn't be home until after his soccer practice. Then Eric tells me that he faked a leg injury about 10 minutes before the end of practice so he could come home to see if his cousins were here yet. He just couldn't take it any longer.
He was SO excited to see them (I think it was mostly his older cousin, Kenny though). I guess he is his father's son after all. I was thinking this morning that he wasn't all that excited because of his casual attitude but now I know that he keeps his emotions hidden a lot, just like his dad! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment