Tuesday, April 20, 2010

GO TEAM!

Logan and I have been battling strep throat for the past two days and today was the first day we both felt well enough to go about a normal day. He was excited to go to school (cookie sales this week, you know!) and I was happy to be well enough for my first day of volunteering at the zoo.

Then when we all got home to meet up with Eric... guess who NOW has a sore throat?!? Yep, now Daddy gets to join the antibiotic crew. Now all we need to do is recruit Amanda (only a matter of time, I'm sure) and our team will be complete!

Speaking of teams, Logan's soccer team, the Tigers, won their first game today! Logan also sustained his first sports injury. : ( He was tripped by a cute tall blond so I guess it all works out, right? The good news is that after a little ice on the injury he was ready to go back in. Oh, and I was one of the THOSE moms who saw her kid take a MAJOR wipe out and RAN the length of the soccer field to scoop her SOBBING child up in her arms. At what age do they find that kind of behavior embarrassing?

On the way home from the game, I showed Eric my new photo badge for the zoo and said "Look at this awful picture. I look so OLD." to which he replied, "Honey, you always look like that." I promptly stopped the car and made his butt walk home. Too bad we were at the end of the driveway when that happened.

5 comments:

  1. I think all guys have some kind of "what you should NEVER say to your wife" handbook, and they've all got it memorized, unfortunately.

    Looking forward to hearing how the zoo went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you today Diane! So Logan wasn't embarrassed by you running across the field to console him? :) And yes, I agree with Sarah....all guys need that handbook. I'm fairly certain MY husband wrote it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...note to Eric...don't say that!

    I completely know how your feeling. We battled strep throat last week. Luckily none of the kids got it. Only Adam and I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the blog last night after my statistics test and nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Thank you for ending my day so well. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Sherry. Logan was very thankful for my love and support... until he saw his father. Then he just wanted Daddy to hold him. Ungrateful little...

    ReplyDelete