Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The BIG Move

The reason for the lack of posts lately is our BIG and FINAL move.  Eric says he'll believe it when he sees it, but I say this is IT!  I'm not moving AGAIN!  We purchased the house three weeks ago and it has been not stop action since.  I said before that this is a fixer-upper... well here are some fixing up action shots.  I didn't think to get too many photos since I was so focused on getting the work done but I did manage a few...

The first thing that happed was ALL the carpet in the house had to be removed.  The kids helped me with the carpet in the ledge above the front door.  Nice 1980's chandler, huh?

We piled the carpet up in the garage and the pile was so big that the kids could reach the open garage door.
My family came over to help paint... and my sister ended up painting herself!
I really, really, really didn't like the wood beams in the family room.  Mr. Tall helped me prime them and he didn't even need a ladder!

You can see that most of the beams have a coat of primer, but it's messy work.  My sister got a giant paint drip in her eye!  Funny, but painful.
The kids and their cousins helped them paint their rooms.  Amanda likes to have fun with her painting.
You missed a spot!
The kids each got to pick their own room colors, and they are very similar.  I'm going to have to double check the paint can before I do any touch-up painting!.
I only had one roller when I took this photo so Logan was waiting his turn to paint.  They were so excited about painting for about 10 seconds!

I got as much painting done as I could before the carpet installers arrived.  It wasn't enough, but that's all I could do.  Moving day took three days.  Most of our stuff was still in storage from our move out of Wichita and HOLY COW do I have a mess to contend with!  This is what my dining room looked like after the movers left.  And LOOK!  Another nice 1980's chandler.  (Please don't judge me based on this room color. This is one of the rooms I didn't get to yet.)

With all the nice weather we have had this past week I have found myself working outside rather than unpacking boxes.  The yard needs just as much love as the house does.  With this in mind, we stocked up on mulch when we found it on sale.  : )  Think this will be enough?

Yesterday I spent a good 5 hours getting the garage ready for my car.  The weather man says bad weather is coming and I was motivated!  I'm very happy that my little car has a roof over it's head... even if I have to squeeze my litter rear to get in and out!

Logan has had several check ups with the last one being this morning.  He is currently fighting an upper respiratory infection, but they are very happy with his progress.  His new immune system seems to be working perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment