Monday, March 13, 2017

Weaning Off IV Meds

Today they are starting to wean Logan off of IV meds.  Tonight at 6 pm they will take down his tacrolimus (anti-rejection drug) and start him on the oral version.  They are switching his pain drip to a pain patch at some point today too... just not sure when.  Tomorrow they will start stepping down on the ativan that they have been using to control his nausea.  There may still be a few things that Eric and I will have to hook him up to at home, but nothing continuous.  

He is still sleeping a lot, but yesterday he started eating and was able to keep everything down.  His cheerfulness comes and goes, but I think getting out of the hospital will improve his psyche considerably.

At this time I can't predict a day for our dismissal.  It could be next week... but also, maybe, the end of this week.  If you plan to make a trip to the hospital to visit Logan make sure you call or text Eric or me first to make sure we are still here.  I will also do my best to update the blog when we have a firm dismissal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment