Friday, March 3, 2017

Better... And Not

Logan is continuing to improve;  Getting up and walking more; Sleeping less; Drinking more; Using less pain meds.  Then this morning during yet another platelet transfusion he had another reaction.  They already give him multiple medicines as a preventative since he has a history of platelet reactions but it wasn't enough to prevent this reaction.  The reaction was the same as before...  rash, hives, difficulty breathing.  They really really don't like patents to have difficulty breathing here.  People jump into action when you say "I feel like I can't breathe".  He is okay now, but in the future they are going to super filter his platelets in hope of preventing another reaction and add on more pre-meds just in case he reacts again.  So better... and not.

1 comment:

  1. I look at your updates every day. Logan is so close to my heart since I my oldest son is his age, and I am a cancer mom (son used to have ALL leukemia but now healed). My and my 3 boys pray every night for Logan. He is such a handsome young man, and are praying for complete healing in him. God is good and please know we care about you. I am also a fellow Henkel employee. Thanks for posting updates!

    ReplyDelete