Friday, September 16, 2016

Chemo Can't Stop This Kid From Growing!

We are back in the clinic today for a procedure before they admit Logan to the hospital for more chemo.  At the height and weigh station (they do this EVERY time he comes to clinic) the nurse said Logan is over 5 foot 7 inches in height.  I said "NO WAY!" He was 5'6" and change just a few weeks ago so I had them measure him again.  Same result.  Then I got under the same measuring device to double check.  My baby is taller than me!!!!  What the heck!!??!!  All these chemo drugs can't stop this kid from growing I guess!

Last night, Logan enjoyed racing his RC car around the cul de sac.  No action shots for that since that little car can MOVE but as you can see by the smile on his face Logan enjoyed his last night home before heading back to the hospital.


Today here in the clinic Logan received two chemo spinal injections and is currently recovering while waiting for a room upstairs in the hospital.  He will start the IV chemo here shortly.  For those of you keeping up, he is doing AraC twice daily for 4 days (starting today) and Mitoxantrone 4 days (doubling up on the last two days of the AraC) for a total of 6 days chemo.  They were concerned about his heart because the Mitozantrone can cause heart damage so he had a Echo and EKG yesterday.  All the chemo from the past 7 years has taken a toll on his heart already, but they determined that his heart is strong enough for the Mitozantrone.  Keeping our fingers crossed for no complications and a successful fight against this resistant cancer.  If this new drug knocks back the leukemic cells Logan can receive the bone marrow transplant sometime in November.

2 comments:

  1. I knew it!! Logan seemed to be towering over me last Saturday and I thought it was just because of his shoes. HA!
    HANG IN THERE Lo-Man. You're the absolute best grandson and I'm sending you all my best "cancer-killer" vibes. Not because you need the help - but because I need to DO something!! I love you to pieces big guy. Grandma Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - he is soooo tall!!! He looks so mature too! Every picture I swear he looks more and more like a teenager! So happy that he is handling well through all of this...not an easy path to travel on, but he's doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete