Thursday, May 7, 2015

5th Grade Band Concert

To the Aunts, Uncles, Grandmas, and Grandpas that I didn't invite to this concert... You're welcome!  While I know that you love my little monkey as much as I do, I didn't not want to subject you to hot sweltering temperatures, uncomfortable chairs, and crazy packed crowds that accompany these concerts.  You see, this is EVERY 5th grade elementary band player in the school district (and their parents, uncles, aunts, and grandparents) that pool to this concert.  Then to add to our listening pleasure, they invited the junior high band and the high school band to also play.  Therefore I accept your greatest gratitude for simply attending in your place and video taping the concert for your viewing pleasure.  Please note:  If you choose NOT to watch the video links I'll have no way of knowing and therefore can not come back and browbeat you for not listening to my child  (and 126 of his closest friends) play.  : )



Here is a zoomed out picture of all the players for EVERY 5th grade elementary school in our district that will attend this high school someday.  (If they are lucky)  It's nice that they all wore the same green shirt.  Makes for a dramatic photo, don't you think?

How about a little Where's Waldo... Logan style.  Can you find him in this photo?

No?  Okay, I'll zoom in a little.  How about now?  Can you find him?  I'll give you a hint.  He's wearing a green shirt.
 I bet you can find him in THIS photo!  By the way, Eric got me a new camera and it's got a GREAT zoom lens!!!  Thanks Honey! 
To create the sensation that you were there in the audience with me, I have taken the liberty to recording the long introduction where you are introduced to the other band teachers you will never meet.  You also have the pleasure of trying to see around the latecomers who are still looking for an open seat.  (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUDDY!)

Now the first song

Second Song:

Third Song:


So there you have it!  I wasn't able to record the other band's music as my daughter could NOT hold still and needed her mamma to play with her, hold her, tickle her, color with her, and take her to the bathroom and water fountain (multiple times).  : )  If you didn't know better I bet you would never guess that she is 9 years old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment