Monday, August 20, 2012

Two Less Teeth

Last night, little Amanda was getting ready for bed when a tooth "just fell out!" 

I, of course, asked HOW does a tooth "just fall out?"

Amanda is standing by her statement so we may never know... did she push it out with her tongue? 
Did she bite down on something?
Did the little Tooth Fairy helpers come and pull it out deciding that it was taking this tooth too long on it's own to fall out?

Who knows, but I do know that she was very excited and came to show me.  Then I noticed that her matching tooth on the other side of her mouth was CRAZY SUPER loose too.  I had visions of it "just falling out" while she was asleep and her "just choking" to death!

Now, some of you may already know that I have been banded for life from ever pulling another tooth from my daughter's sweet little head.  Let's just say I'm a little OCD when it comes to wiggly teeth.  (Which is why I've adopted the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy in regards to my children's tooth status.) 
Anyway, Eric had to step up to the plate and yank out that second tooth before I would let my little angel go to bed.  And she did quite well in allowing her father to pull the second tooth.


Now, to finish the story, you need to have a little background information   
I HATE THE TOOTH FAIRY!!!!
Who ever told my little babies about this crazy, tooth-collecting Fairy will hear WORDS from me when I identify them!!!!
So years ago, to combat the supped up Tooth Fairy legend, I offered to pay a PREMIUM for any teeth that these children loose and DOUBLE what that silly old fairy fart would have paid.  Most of the time, I get to keep my kids teeth, but not always (and I don't make a HUGE deal about it if they decided NOT to sell it to me... just a little one : )
But last night, since the little girl had TWO teeth... she let me have one and put the other under her pillow.  

**sigh**

(And yes, the tooth fairy came last night.  I'm not a monster, you know)

1 comment: