Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to School for Some of Us

 Last week the kids started back to school...


... and I started on my "projects"!
(because I don't start back to work for 2 more weeks!  : )
[happy dance]


My master bedroom closet got a makeover.  The clutter was getting out of hand.

 I got these nifty hanging shelves at Lowe's for almost free.  They are adjustable and hang from the shelf above.  I decided I needed to use mine for our shoes.  When did I become such a shoe whore?
After finishing the big clean up, I was standing in my beautiful closet and decided it was too dark in there to truly appreciate the wonderfulness of my organization so Eric installed this bright and modern light fixture for me.



My next project was the garage.  I try to clean it out twice a year, and this year I went bigger and better!  Originally I was just going to do my typical pick it up and put it away routine (because we can get it to the garage but up on the shelf???)  But I was tired of the same-old, same-old solutions with the same-old, same-old problems.  So what was suppose to be a half day job morphed into a GIANT 3 DAY project!

But I love, love, love the result!  Everything that can be is up off the floor and I got rid of two shelving units and replaced them with the wall shelving. (But I had to paint the wall first because I was tired of looking at bear drywall.) The wall shelving holds A LOT more with the added bonus of letting me spray down my floors to get them SUPER CLEAN!  We also moved Eric's workbenches around (what a big job that was!) and got new rack for our garden tools.

My garage has NEVER looked so good, so I just HAD to take a photo (or 20)!

We've also done a major pantry renovation, clean and organized my laundry room, and completed a backyard cleanup.

This coming week, I plan to keep the home love flowing with staining the deck, working on the hall closet, and catching up on my scrap booking. 

And the best part is, once I clean it, it stays clean until the monkeys get home.  
Man, I just love back to school!  : )




No comments:

Post a Comment