Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day One Of Travel


The Florida Vacation Trip of 2011 has begun!


Yesterday I left the house (and my family) at 9 a.m. and drove 7 hours to my first way point in our cross country trek. Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas.


For those of you that don't know, we are vacationing in Florida for a week and a half in our popup camper. Eric is flying down with the kids on Thursday and his Mom is meeting us there. I'm driving our camper and supplies to meet them (but I had to leave earlier of course). Eric and his mom will be flying back to their homes after about a week and a half and I'll take my time driving the kids home and playing along the way. I hope it will be super fun and so far so good!


Petit Jean State Park is in the Ozark Mountains on the bluffs of the Arkansas River. It was a crazy winding drive, but the view was worth all the chugging and puffing. I was able to do some hiking and bird watching after I set up camp. Here is a photo of a super cool waterfall. And you can see for MILES up here!

And I checked out some "bear caves" but didn't see any bears. DARN!


Early this morning I packed up camp and hit the road bright and early. I drove the rest of the way through Arkansas, into part of Tennessee, a good portion of Mississippi, and I'm staying the night at Cheaha State Park in Alabama. Tomorrow will be another busy driving day. But I'll be in Florida at the quitting time!

















2 comments:

  1. WOW, you are a brave woman! Have fun on your trip and safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know how you're doing. I'm so..... ready to join you!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete