Thursday, October 6, 2016

On The Mend


Logan is feeling much better after tanking up on two bags of blood. His CBC showed that his hemoglobin was alarmingly low this morning.  It takes a while to transfuse blood but he is feeling great now.  His ANC this morning was 20 so I guess his bone marrow is focusing on making white blood cells rather than red blood cells.  Works for us since blood transfusions are easy.
He also got a cheer up visit from Grandma and Grandpa.  Love this picture!  You can tell how much taller he is than his Grandma... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing that smile on his face.  It's been a while since I have seen it.
We are taking bets again on when Logan will be released from the hospital.  So far I am leading the pack with my bet on Sunday.  Grandma has Monday, Logan has Tuesday, and Eric has Wednesday.  As you can tell, we are all betting he will be home in less than a week!  Fingers crossed that this will be the case.

2 comments:

  1. I am a fellow Henkel co-worker. Michelle Garon passed your site on to me. My son had ALL Leukemia so I understand a little bit of your battle. I want you to know we are praying every night. Cancer moms and kids are so near to my heart. I am happy see him smiling in these pictures. I look forward to your updates so I know what to pray about. Hang in there, take it one day at a time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I love that picture of Logan with his Grandma! So sweet!

    I'm happy Yasmin joined the blog too - I have always kept her updated on Logan because I knew she could relate. I agree with what she wrote - this blog is great because then we know what specific prayers are needed. Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers regularly!

    ReplyDelete