Saturday, October 22, 2016

Daily CBCs

Logan is currently getting daily CBCs.  Eric and I have different options on this.  I love getting the daily counts.  They draw the labs at 4am while everyone is sleeping so at 7am shift change I hover over the nurses waiting for my morning fix.  They are always happy to oblige and read off his blood counts to me.  Of course, that's not enough for this blood junkie.  I also need a paper print out to put on my CBC wall of fame.  I then pour over the printouts and compare today's numbers to the past few days to look for upward trends.  I live for the CBC results.

Eric, on the other hand, just wants a thumbs up or down from the doctors.  He doesn't want to know the numbers.  He doesn't want to look at the printouts.  He feels less stress if he doesn't obsess over the numbers.  If the doctors tell him the CBC looked good, he's happy to take their word for it.  It's funny how different we are in that respect.  

So, for those of you like my husband... Logan's CBC got a thumbs up today.

For those of you like me... his hemoglobin is 8.5, platelets are 30, and ANC is 20.  (ANC is on the rise!!!)  Fingers crossed that tomorrow the numbers will be higher.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm more like you, Diane...for everything with my daughter, I'm looking through all the results and will log in anytime I see there's an update. For my hubby, he will wait to hear what the doctor says and looks at NONE of the results. Either way, we all love our kids and want them to be well! Glad Logan's counts are moving in the right direction! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a numbers gal, Thanks for the update,
    Love to all, M

    ReplyDelete