Thursday, May 12, 2016

Puerto Rico Day One

 Eric and I have been sent to Puerto Rico for his work.  Poor us, I know!  Our first full day on the island we scheduled a scuba diving excursion.  We knew going in that the reefs were not as beautiful as other parts of the Caribbean but we'll take any opportunity to dive good or not!  Eric took his Christmas present so he could take photos and video underwater.  He mostly took video and you will see a second post with the sea turtle video.

After diving we drove to the rain forest.  I got a new bird book for the trip and we identified more than 15 new birds in one afternoon!

The lizzards were easier to photograph than the birds! 
 THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!


 I love big trees!!!
 Eric and I joke that every vacation has to include a hike to a waterfall.  Here is our token waterfall hike.  : )

 Hey, look at that!  It's raining in the rain forest!
 Bonus waterfall!  I guess when you are in a rain forest there are many waterfall opportunities.  : )

On our way back to the hotel we saw a horse tied to the pole on the side of the road.  I guess his owner rode him to town and was inside the store.  It really is a different culture here!


1 comment: