Saturday, November 15, 2014

My Little Mighty Hunter

From time to time I am reminded that my baby boy is growing up.  Today was just such a day for me.  Logan decided he was ready to try his hand at deer hunting this year.  Eric got the both of them outfitted with a double deer stand so he could mentor him for the Youth Hunt.  They saw one deer but a little tree got in the way and prevented Logan from reaching his target.  Not to be discouraged, they headed back out during the main firearms season that opened today.  Although Eric has a hunting permit, he didn't take his rifle.  This was all about Logan.  They were back out in their double deer stand by 6:30 and Logan spotted this doe a little after 8am.  Logan was a very patient hunter and waited for the deer to get into position for a good kill shot.  The deer was down in less than 30 seconds.  I am very proud of my little man for following his dreams and though his dreams are vastly different than mine, I embrace his individuality as he grows into a young man.

1 comment: