Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Back to Nature

We got out and enjoyed the wonderful weather this weekend.  It seemed like winter was never going to end!  Saturday and Sunday were both BEAUTIFUL... the kids enjoyed breaking rocks for HOURS and found some pretty cool formations.  Gotta love this high tech entertainment here! 

 Look at my girl's face!  Such joy over destruction.  

 She kept bringing me rocks that she had broken... I have a HUGE pile on my dinning room table. 


On Sunday Eric and the kids picked up a 5 gallon bucked of acorns from our front yard.  Then we picked up some sandwiches and headed to one of our favorite parks.  I've posted pictures before of them feeding the elk and bison, but THIS time we included a picnic!



After feeding a huge bucket of acorns to the elk we hit the trails.

Our hike came to an abrupt halt when our trail crossed a bridge.  

And people say water and monkeys don't mix!  I guess they don't know MY monkeys!  
 I kid you not, they played here for HOURS!  First they threw rocks into the water until they created a bridge.  Then they decided there wasn't enough water flowing and they set out to clear the leaves and rocks to create better flow.  Then they raced "boats" down the creek (tiny sticks).


What a beautiful day to be in the woods.




No comments:

Post a Comment