Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Feet, Fox, and Puppy Love

Over the winter break Amanda asked if she could play with my Dad's marbles.  This is the same jar of marbles I played with when I was a little girl.  When my dad passed away I asked if I could have them to remember him by and they have been sitting on my desk ever since.  It made my heart swell with joy to see my daughter enjoying these glass spheres just as I had enjoyed them so many years ago. 


Since we are still home bound anyone wanting to visit has to come to us.  Whenever any of Logan and Amanda's cousins came over some I feel like I should keep the film rolling.  Some crazy antics and stunt are sure to develop.
Last night during our evening chores Amanda starts yelling "FOX"!  "FOX"!  I grabbed my camera before heading to the window.  This time I got much better photos and videos!

I had to reduce the quality of the video to upload them to the blog but you can still tell it's a fox!
I missed getting video of one of the foxes jumping our fence but let me tell you, those critters are agile!  One little hop and he was over the fence and gone!

The dogs have been spending most of their time at the front window watching for squirrels and chipmunks.  Now that they have seen the fox from the back windows the are having a hard time deciding which way to look.  I guess this position solves that problem.  That way no one can sneak up on the brothers.

Logan is still doing great.  Little by little they are reinstating some of his former freedoms.  He can go outside without a mask as long as it's not windy.  He is now also allowed down in the basement.  He can even venture into public places as long as it's not crowded.  With the flu season starting Eric and I are being extra cautious about germs, but that's not anything new for us! 

Next Tuesday Logan is scheduled for surgery to have his Hickman catheter (tubes) removed.  He's been asking the doctor to remove them for over a month and I guess he had a convincing argument.  Without the tubes Logan has to endure a needle in the arm each time the doctor wants to draw labs, but in Logan's mind a small needle is much better than the tubes hanging out of his chest (and the dressing changes) so out they will come.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat experience having a fox in your yard! And, I enjoyed reading about your father's marbles...love them and my dad also had a set. I wonder if he kept them? Will have to find out! Happy new year to the Neal family ~ glad to hear everyone is doing well! :-)

    ReplyDelete