Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bitter Sweet

Sorry for the lack of updates this week.  We've been a busy little bee hive buzzing here and there.  Logan had another checkup on Monday and he is doing great.  In fact, his doctor said he only needs to see him once a week now which is amazing.  We were told to expect twice a week appointments for two months so this was surprising to us.  The first 6 weeks after transplant is when they watch him closely for rejection or graft vs host disease.  So far so good, so keep up the good work Logan!

What is keeping our house buzzing is our GREAT MOVE on the horizon.  Now that we have more room in this rental house we are missing the comforts of home... the comforts that are in Wichita.  With Logan in isolation and Amanda in school we have had to divide and conquer.  I went down for a fast and furious packing visit Tuesday to Wednesday.  I was only in town in 24 hours, but I was amazed at how much boxing I was able to accomplish.  There is still much to do, but now it's Eric turn.  He needs to travel to Wichita for business anyway so he'll be heading down there today and staying through Saturday to finish boxing and packing a truck.  By Sunday we could be reunited with all our possessions.  It seems foolish to miss something as inconsequential as "things", but sleeping on a mattress on the floor is wearing thin and the kids have little entertainment here other than television.

As I drove into town after being gone for 4 months I was reflecting on the events leading up to this moment.  I have declared before that I am not a prairie girl.  Living in the flat lands of Kansas for the past 5 years has not come easy.  We have made friends, started a business, put down roots... but it was never home.  I have a sign hanging by my front door that sums it up.  "Home is were your story begins"  Our story begins in Lee's Summit.  This will always be home.  So while I am happy to finely make the move back home, it is bitter sweet.  I wish that there was some other, any other, life changing event that had led up to this move.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well for Logan...and I love reading your posts. I can feel your emotions in the words. :-) Bless you all, Neal family!

    ReplyDelete