Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Surprise Tuesday


Surprise Tuesday has been a tradition in our family for two years now. It started when Logan was in Kindergarten and Amanda was going to Mom's Day Out on Tuesdays. Each Tuesday I would pick her and Logan up with some sort of surprise for them. The surprises range from treats (like donuts, cookies or cold Sonic drinks), to small gifts or acts (like picking them up with the dogs or cat in the car).

For me, Tuesdays have come to mean something more than just a treat. It's my special way of showing them how much I love and appreciate them with my small acts of kindness. My hope is that when they are grown, they'll look back on their childhood and remember that love... not necessarily that mom like to give them things on Tuesday. Some weeks I know exactly what I'm going to do. Other weeks I have to rack my brain to come up with something original, but they care not for the WHAT, only the WHY.

I love you, Monkeys, with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment