Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Review

We had a very busy weekend with Amanda's preschool Christmas program kicking off our weekend frenzy on Friday night. They sang 6 songs and each child recited a short poem.

Here is Amanda saying her poem:
"B is for berries,
I'll take home with me,
That I'll bake in a pie,
Or string for the tree."
Performing one of the songs... Se was the tallest in her class so she got VERY back row! (I just grow 'em big!)

Saturday morning we woke bright and early to be at Logan's first wrestling tournament at 7:30 AM! (Please pardon the grainy photos. We're using a loaner camera while mine is away being cleaned and I'm not an expert at using the proper settings for this one.) It was clear to us that this was not the other boys' first tournament! Apparently you can be a "novice" wrestler for two years... Not so novice if you ask me. So Logan didn't do so well this first time, but he's sticking with it (for now).
I was a basket case watching him wrestle... just like I thought I would be. I was so nervous that I had a hard time holding the video camera still and I'm sure when we look back at the tapes we'll hear some not so nice words being used. I hope this gets easier for me!

On Sunday Amanda and I had tickets to see the Nutcracker Ballet at one of the local Universities. Here we are all dressed up and ready to go.



We went with two of her girlfriends and their moms. We had a lovely lunch at Olive Garden before the program.

Amanda decided to spend some of her own money of a souvenir... a super cute ballet slipper ornament.
It was a great performance. We'll definitely be back next year.
Only 4 more days of school for Logan (and only two more for Amanda and me) before our nice long Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment