Saturday, August 1, 2015

Colorado

Eric and I took advantage of both Logan and Amanda being at camp and flew to Denver for the week.  We met up with Eric's buddy and his wife and did some day trips with them.

 One of our day trips was to Pikes Peek.  We decided to drive to the top and WOW was that road windy.


 We discovered some cool animals at the top!


 The ladies did some hiking at the top, they guys wimped out pretty fast.



 On the way back down we did some hiking and geocaching.
 The next day we enjoyed some of the local breweries.

 Each morning Eric was kind enough to join me for bird watching.  I was able to add 7 new birds to my life list this trip!

 Our last full day in Colorado we did the big Coors brewery tour.

 I really enjoyed the bottling section.  I was plastered up against the glass for a long while just watching the cans, bottles, and boxes fly by.
 After the tour they give you some very generous pours of their beers.  While Coors is not my favorite, I enjoyed some of their other brews.

 We did some hiking, bird watching, and geocaching along some scenic mountains roads.


 Then headed to Boulder for dinner, shopping, and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment