Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Projects and More Projects

It never seems to fail.  Every spring Eric and I go CRAZY with the home projects.  This past weekend we put up a shed where the old play house use to stand.  Here is the photo from the catalog...

 It's not big, but it will store our lawnmower and accessories and other gardening supplies.   Here is the start of our project... the foundation.
 One wall up....
 Ready for the next one...
 Now all four walls are up.
 Time to start on the roof.
 Done for the day.  PHEW!
 The next day I shingled the roof.  What a project that was.  I must say, I'm glad I don't have to do that for a living.
 HOT, TIRED, AND DONE!
 Then Tuesday we had a landscape professional come out to excavate for our next project... a patio.
 We couldn't get grass to grow here because of all the foot traffic so I'm done fighting it.
 We will soon have a large patio, fire ring, chairs and a table in this area and hopefully less mud being tracked through my house.

But for right now... here is my patio.  Waiting for our next big project to begin.
 And speaking of mud... we asked to save the dirt...
 ... now the kids have a new playground to enjoy.
 Oh, the simple joys of childhood.
I think I'm going to go take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment